Monday, June 11, 2012

Righting a Wrong

I'm happy with myself today. :)

 Blur me unknowingly did something which i realized was a mistake only much later. I could just ignore and pretend that nothing was wrong and save myself all the troubles to address it. And the other party would probably not protest nor say anything. Yet, it would have made the person feel 委屈and shortchanged...and probably disappointed.

Actually, it would be easier to simply brush it aside but i know feelings would be hurt if i ignore it. Hence i decided to address what was uncomfortable and took action to right the grievances i had unknowingly created. The person told me it was a small matter, not to worry about it and initially refused to accept what i had corrected saying it was a trivial matter. Yet, from the facial expression, i knew that it really did matter and i was glad i took it on instead of brushing it aside. In fact, the person later looked embarrassed. I gather the person must have had bad thoughts and impression of me before i broached the matter, and probably even made complaints about me had i not stepped up to clarify and rectify it.

We really need to be responsible for our action, even if it was not our intention to do wrong. I really hate addressing awkward and uncomfortable conversations and i'm glad i addressed it today. Otherwise, life goes on but misunderstanding would have been created and feelings and friendship would have been hurt. And most importantly, i won't have to be bogged down by nagging thoughts that i have let someone down or hurt feelings.