Tuesday, April 20, 2010

In Praise of Slowing Down

Came across this video on TED and it so resonates with what i had been feeling for quite some time, and which i finally took charge recently to do something about it. This is a video by Carl Honore arguing why slowing down is good for us.





In my opinion, there's a place for both slowness and speed. The key is keeping a balance for both. Unfortunately, in our modern society today, most of us are stuck in a rat race, constantly being pressed for time, and relentlessly being expected to achieve more and even more, within less and lesser time.


For me, my speedy rabbit has been let loose for too long. It's time for my inner tortoise to take his turn, to go for a slow leisure walk, smell the flowers and savour another side of life my rabbit has missed. :)


In Praise of Slowness: Challenging the Cult of Speed (Plus)